Some interesting resources to illustrate different aspects of education.
1. First of all, the classic talk by Ken Robinson, one of the most popular video in TED:
‘Do schools kill creativity?’
Also by Ken Robinson, Changing Education Paradigms
2. The perspective of a motivated and motivating teacher in TED: “Rita Pierson, a teacher for 40 years, once heard a colleague say, “They don’t pay me to like the kids.” Her response: “Kids don’t learn from people they don’t like.’” A rousing call to educators to believe in their students and actually connect with them on a real, human, personal level.”
3. Education and technology:
No computers in the classroom in Silicon Valley
4. Free schools:
5. Some notions on “unschooling”:
What are your views?
- What do you think about homeschooling, unschooling, hackschooling?
- Do you agree with Ken Robinson about how schools kill creativity?
- Are arts important? Should they be compulsory at school or are they a waste of valuable time for the “important” subjects like maths, language and science?
(Originally published in Cosas que encuentro para clase)