Presented by sam_ov
Nowadays there’s much controversy about gay adoption. Some years ago a couple formed by people from the same sex would be unimaginable, but now they can even be married. For some people this is a step forward for modern society, others think it’s anti-natural, and the vast majority respect and approves it as long as it doesn’t affects them or their family. But when talking about gay adoption it’s not just what these homosexual people think or what they want to do with their lives, but what’s better for children.
Although there are various psychologists who think that a child grown up in a homosexual environment can be as normal as other children, there are some reasons for banning gay adoption:
* Stability is the key to raising an emotionally and mentally healthy child; unmarried and homosexual couples cannot provide the stability that married heterosexual couples can give.
* Children need a role model, both male and female. Every child has the right to have a mother and a father. Homosexual activists put their personal desires above the rights of these children to have a chance at a normal family life with a father and mother.
* As Susan Golombok and Fiona Tasker found, children raised by a homosexual parent were much more likely to experiment with homosexual behavior themselves.
* Children would be really confused about his/her mums and his/her dads. They would never know what a true father or mother is, or what a family is so, in the future, they wouldn’t be able to form a proper family or behave in a traditional way with their children.
* Another point that a consider really important is how the child would feel compared with other children. Their friends would make laugh of him/her during his/her whole childhood and teenage because of his/her strange family. Apart from the teasing, the child above all the teenager would always feel insecure, , and ashamed of his/her parents and this could cause some traumas.
* For many people homosexual activists are just putting their personal desires above the rights of these children to have a chance at a normal family with father and mother.
Personally talking I think this is a very difficult situation for children which I wouldn’t like to live myself. This is a topic which must be discussed taking into account only the well being of the child, not the whims of the gays. What is your opinion? Should children be adopted by gay couples or that would be just a dead weight for their normal development?